Turkmen double-sided silk rug is one of the most important works of art of the Turkmen people of Iran, which has a very high value and appeal among the lovers of handwoven carpets. Because of its special and unique features, this hand-woven carpet is more than an ordinary carpet, which we will learn more about in the following.
In this article about Farahan carpet, we are going to explain to you more about the weaving and dyeing method after knowing the double silk carpet and at the end we will check this carpet in terms of purchase value so that if you are planning to buy it, you can Do this with more detailed information.
As you can guess from its name, this hand-woven carpet is a high-quality hand-woven carpet that, unlike other hand-woven carpets, is woven on both sides. The fibers used to weave this carpet are natural silk and because of these two main features, this carpet has a high value, to the point where even this carpet has reached the world registration.
Mrs. “Abadan Ghazal Chechizadeh” is the main creator and developer of this type of carpet, who started weaving carpets in Dovidukh village as a child and was able to weave this carpet after teaching her children, grandchildren and daughters-in-law. to make Khas famous, to the point where he currently has 30 students.
When it comes to the exquisite two-layer all-silk carpet, the first place that can be imagined to buy this art is Dovidukh village in Raz and Jarglan. It is interesting to know that this village is located at the zero point of the border, between North Khorasan and Turkmenistan, where its people have started this special art for many years and have passed the secrets of their hand art from one generation to another.
In Raz and Jergan city of North Khorasan province, you may be able to find other areas for the weaving of double silk carpets, but it is definitely the village of Dovidukh, which is the main center of weaving this type of carpet. If we pay attention to the statistics, this issue is completely Will be specified:
There are about 500 households in Dovidukh village, and a population of about 2,600 people, and each family has at least one carpet shop. These 500 households are in a way a home workshop for weaving carpets and according to the surveys, they produce approximately two thousand square meters of carpets every year, of which 80% are double silk carpets.
In the village of Dovidukh, where the people are Turkmen, many people make a living by weaving these double silk carpets, and what is more interesting is that these carpets are so popular and of high quality that all their weaves are sold in many places throughout the year. Items are pre-purchased and even many foreign tourists who come to Iran and visit North Khorasan province visit Dovidukh village to see how these carpets are woven and buy them.
Maybe many of you have been asked how to weave a double-sided silk carpet?
The rugs used to weave these carpets are basically vertical and supported so that two weavers can do the weaving work at the same time. The work of weaving is done in such a way that the weaver who weaves the carpet after weaving a row (a horizontal layer) completely weaves a thin weft on his row to strengthen the row. Then the second weaver starts to weave the back of the carpet and after finishing, in addition to the thin weft, he also uses a thick weft to keep the carpet strong.
Of course, it is necessary to mention that this type of weaving is used for double silk carpets that have equal knots in length and width, it does not matter if their plan is the same or different, only the number of knots is important in Otherwise, if the size of their nodes is not the same, it is necessary to do simple weaving in a map that is smaller.
In the weaving of Doro silk Doidokh carpet, wefting and Turkish knot are used, and one of the common designs of this carpet is that the design on the texture is a flower and the back is a tree. Two carpet weavers start weaving at the same time so that one of them weaves the top design and the other the back design. You can start weaving in such a way that at the beginning of the work, one person weaves the flower and then the other one weaves the back of the tree.
In this section, we are going to point out some things about double silk carpet that will definitely be very attractive and interesting for you.
1) Many European and Arab countries are among the main customers of double silk carpets, but among all the countries of the world, Canada is the main customer of this village’s carpets. It is interesting to know that they have published many documentaries about this carpet.
2) The people of this region are Turkmen Turkmen, which are considered one of the main Turkmen tribes.
3) The double silk carpet is woven in different dimensions, but in the meantime, there is a common dimension among the weavers of this area, and it is 2 meters by 1.40 cm, which has somehow become a standard size.
4) Double silk carpet is considered one of the most expensive works of art in the world and the reason for this is the use of natural silk fibers in its texture.
5) Unlike many hand-woven carpets, this carpet still does not have any similar examples around the world and even many foreign manufacturers consider it impossible to weave such a carpet!
6) The approximate duration of weaving a 12-meter long silk carpet, if 4 people are engaged in weaving at the same time, it will take about 6 months. One of the other reasons for the high price of these carpets is the long time that the weaver must spend .
7) The plans and maps used for the weaving of this carpet are mental and based on the imagination of the weavers. The main designs used to weave double silk carpets; There are marigolds, sari flowers, ansi and Aine flowers.
8) It is interesting to know that the mulberry tree is one of the main trees of this region, which has made the Turkmen people of this village use the leaves of the mulberry tree and silkworms to produce cocoons and even prepare silk thread for carpet weaving.
9) After preparing the silk thread, the dyeing of the silk thread is done by the village people themselves using natural dyes, especially walnut skin, ranas plant, pomegranate skin, barberry juice and mulberry leaves.
10) Cream dyeing of double silk carpets is done by pouring raw silk threads into a pot with hot water. After half an hour, the threads are dyed and ready. Then the dyed threads are hung and spread out to dry, and then the colored silk threads are prepared for weaving.
11) The natural dyeing of the silk carpets of this region has not only made the quality of the color of the carpets very high and they do not fade over time, but also has very positive results for health due to the lack of use of chemicals.
12) Silk threads must be bleached in order to absorb the color well, this is done in this village using ashnoon plant and soap.
13) Unfortunately, even though this hand-woven carpet is known in many countries of the world, it is associated with anonymity among many of our people, and many of us are hearing its name for the first time.
14) Double silk carpets, due to their special softness and elegance, in addition to being used as a floor covering, they can also be used as a table cloth, hanging and decorative for home decoration.
In this article, we tried to explain all the necessary points about this wonderful work of art, namely Doro silk carpet. Unfortunately, despite all the hard work and efforts of the women of this district, in terms of price, it may not be able to meet the livelihood of the people of this region, and it is necessary for the authorities to have a special look for it.